step 1 - step 2 - step 3 - step 4 - step 5 - step 6
Step 6 - Accepting the Offer & Closing the Deal
Once an offer is accepted, the closing process begins. This is one of the more complex and time intensive elements of selling your home and it takes the experience and professionalism of The North Woods Group to make this process run correctly and smoothly. We coordinate not only with the title and escrow company, but also with the buyer's lender, the various inspectors required by the contract or local ordinances, all repair contractors and the buyer's agent. We also are continually informing both you and the buyer of all disclosures, addenda, and events and obtaining all necessary signatures.
As the escrow process draws closer to the close, we will keep you apprised of the many items that we coordinate. Some of these items are:
- Ascertaining that buyer's various securities, such as the initial down payment, are properly deposited
- Receiving buyer's Loan Approval
- Reviewing the preliminary Title Reports for accuracy and any red flags
- Providing any necessary association documents to buyer
- Assisting with all inspections the buyer requests such as pest, home and sewer inspections.
- Making sure all documents are ordered and accurately completed
- Meeting all deadlines to eliminate contingency stipulations
- Scheduling and coordinating all agreements to repairs
- Reviewing closing documents to ensure accuracy
- Ensuring all utilities are switched over to the buyer's name
- Having keys available for the buyer
- Making sure you receive your check
A quality real estate transaction also means that we practice discretion to protect your privacy. The facts of the transaction are only revealed to those who need to know in order to successfully complete the sale of your home. (Although, once a transaction is recorded with the county office, information becomes a matter of public record.)
When you work with a member of The North Woods Group, you are assured of a quality transaction and a professional working relationship.